How does FnP Search virus spread?
Has FnP Search taken root into your device and browser? an In short, it is distributed in a malicious way that is designed to inject it into your web browser and change its homepage without your approval. It is not the first toolbar that promotes this search engine and all of them are known to cause many problems for computer users. This virus is classified as browser hijacker, so it can change settings on your web browsers over and over again. This might cause you some serious cyber security problems. Typically to any other browser hijacker, FnP Search-FnP Searchcom modifies the original browser settings by assigning the default search engine, homepage and new tab URL to its website.
As you can see in the picture below, FnP Search is supposedly powered by Bing. sports, news, social media, social networking sites, to the web pages of e-mail providers, shopping, free games platforms. Furthermore, FnP Search can display intrusive pop-up ads for you, which will annoy you to death. Thus, if you belong to the group of people whose browsers have already been hijacked by FnP Search search, then we recommend you to check your machine with a reputable anti-spyware, such as Anti-Malware Tool (Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Mac OS X). As such saying as ‘‘Honesty is the best policy’’ may be exploited for malicious deeds by this rogue search engine. As can be seen, these ads will not only allow you to perform ordinary activities on the web, but might also cause harm to the computer by redirecting to malicious pages. The data regarding your online activities, IP address, name, address or financial information becomes jeopardized by a possibility to be stolen and utilized by cyber criminals.
How do programs like FnP Search hijack computer without user’s permission?
Yes. We have already noted that it can hardly be downloaded from the Internet on its own. In case you do not want using additional software, follow manual removal guidelines that are down below. This way FnP Search virus builds traffic for the websites it promotes and increases their page ranking. Our researchers have received unconfirmed reports that some users got this hijacker as a result of clicking pop-up advertisements shown by adware. Thus, by choosing advanced installation and paying extra attention, you should reduce the chances of infecting your PC in such a way. It is quite dangerous to click on those advertisements and third-party links because they might quickly redirect users to third-party websites that are unreliable.
What is more, browser hijackers like FnP Search virus tend to collect browsing data. The chances of installing this program by PC user’s wish are low; Nevertheless, if you do not want to waste time on manual virus removal or the instructions seem too complicated for you, you can always opt for the automatic virus elimination using some reputable antivirus tool. Actually, we recommend using an automatic tool because it can help you prevent suspicious applications from entering the system. If you are not sure about something as important as the security of your virtual identity, you need to eliminate suspicious software ASAP. If there are other threats besides the hijacker, you should be able to erase them as well, so it might be a good opportunity to clean up your computer. For this purpose, you should rely on a trusted anti-malware, such asAnti-Malware Tool.
How to remove this browser hijacker from my computer?
These advertisements might be used by malevolent third parties for third party content promotion, and it is not unheard of for cyber criminals to exploit such ads as a medium for malware distribution. It was noticed that such results might contain ads, pop-ups, and other similar content, which might have links to third-party web pages. Keep in mind that you need to keep all your programs and drivers updated in order to lower the risk of getting exploited by cyber criminals. recently, the chances that your computer was affected by this browser hijacker because of these downloads are pretty high. Also, do not forget to install software responsibly in order to avoid placing potentially unwanted programs on your computer system.
Manual Removal Instructions
FnP Search Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove FnP Search from Browsers
Delete FnP Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove FnP Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete FnP Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.