Why does SearchMine appear instead my homepage?
SearchMine virus is an obtrusive and irritating infection which can lead to people having the responsibility to deal with additional parasites. It reminds of two very well known hijackers – jogostempo.com and gamegogle.com. It is powered by the infamous SaferBrowser software, which has released numerous browser hijackers already. A browser hijacker can easily expose you to unfamiliar websites, and from there, you would be only a step away from a serious security issue. However, you can never know whether you can trust the content coming from this search engine or not. At the beginning, this search provider may look like a legitimate and reliable search tool. You should know that none of these malware infections would be on your system now, if you had proper protection in the form of a malware removal application.
SearchMine extension might be installed with or without your permission. You may have downloaded and installed this extension yourself, but it is more likely that you got infected with it by visiting a suspicious shareware website and clicking on a fake button or a pop-up ad there. What it means is that you need to be careful what your source is. with a help of several simple rules. SearchMine shall never be liable for any damage caused by browsing the Website, clicking 3rd party links or any other activity made by browsing the Website. We can explain you in detail what SearchMine really is and what was it created for.
How can you avoid this virus?
SearchMine page doesn’t even look that suspicious, at first sight. The easiest way to get rid of it is to check the system using a reputable anti-spyware: Adware servers are one of the mildest programs spread in these bundles, so our security specialists highly recommend going to install a security application in order not to discover much more dangerous programs installed on the computer. How can you trust such a search provider? Beware that these are no guarantees SearchMine virus only promotes pages that are safe to visit. on your PC. It is best for you to scan your system with a reliable online malware scanner to identify all possible threat sources and then, eliminate them all.
There are two options for SearchMine removal: Besides, while browsing online, you may constantly experience SearchMine redirects to strange web pages that may be filled with ads or suggestions to install freeware or shareware. That is why we suggest that if you are in doubt, you should run a malware scanner on your system right after you SearchMine. But this search website should not be trusted at all as it redirects all your queries first to feed.snowbitt.com, then, to search.safefinder.com, and finally to a modified Yahoo results page. Next time, be attentive during the installer and reassure that no optional software is making its way inside your PC. Install it immediately after you get rid of this browser hijacker. Then
How should you remove SearchMine virus from your computer?
It might be very true that the browser hijacker promoting SearchMine has modified your browsers’ shortcuts too. This is an interesting development because we have not previously encountered a browser hijacker released by this particular developer, and perhaps this is a one-off case. This way they may allow making some unwanted modifications in the settings of their browsers or even install additional programs without even knowing. The free version of the scanner that will detect all the threats can be easily downloaded from our website 2virus-removal.com. Always follow installation steps of your free downloads and do not agree to change your homepage or modify other settings if you are not sure what these changes can mean. reset it. Use these scanners for regular checkups and be always aware of the condition of your PC.
Manual Removal Instructions
SearchMine Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove SearchMine from Browsers
Delete SearchMine from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove SearchMine from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete SearchMine from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.