Browser hijacker: SearchPDFConverterHD. What you should know about it?
As this weren‘t enough, the toolbar can collect private information about computer users and their activity on internet. Once installed, it adds extensions to all major web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, or IE, and also inserts tracking cookies into them. While this page may look similarly to google, you should note that it is suspected to rely on a browser hijacker that causes all these troubles for its victims. A browser hijacker is a type of unwanted software that interferes with your web browsing habits and tracks your online activity. However, that’s just the claims of its developers who seek to attract users to install it. So, it may initiate continuous redirects on each of your web browsers, cause slowdowns and may try to interrupt you with annoying pop-up ads. Frankly speaking, it is only one of its drawbacks.
SearchPDFConverterHD virus is targeting thousands of computers everyday and you can also get infected with its browser hijacker. run a full system scan with a reputable anti-malware program, like, Anti-Malware Tool or StopZilla. This way, all potentially and malicious files will be eradicated from your Windows OS, and you will be able to browse the net fully protected. Even if toolbar has some sort of uninstaller, it will not remove the hijacker fully. Of course, they are not created by Apple, Microsoft or other well-known companies. Hopefully, you will not have to deal with that, but you should run a full system scan just to make sure.
How can SearchPDFConverterHD hijack affect my system?
As mentioned earlier, there is more to SearchPDFConverterHD than the annoyance that it causes. Pay attention to your browsers’ preferences. To prevent SearchPDFConverterHD restoration and other inconveniences, we recommend you to remove SearchPDFConverterHD virus using a reputable anti-spyware. The ads are recognizable by such texts ‘‘Sponsored by SearchPDFConverterHD’’, ‘‘Sponsored by SearchPDFConverterHD’’. For instance, you could end up on a site designed by cyber crooks, which could be running an arbitrary code execution exploit. In other situations, you could encounter fake online stores, which are usually crafted by cyber crooks for a sole purpose of stealing your credit card data or other sensitive information. This dubious search engine aims to promote affiliate marketing and gain pay-per-click revenue;
The main reason why you should remove SearchPDFConverterHD from your computer is the pop-up advertisements displayed by this extension. It seems that it may cause the leakage of your full name, address, email address, PC’s location, search queries, clicks, downloads, browser details, and similar information. there is not knowing what content they may promote. It is not a safe application and it will only cause you problems. To see whether your selected freeware promotes this program, you need to adjust installation settings. If you select them, all optional downloads added to the main program will be installed.
Manual vs. Automatic removal:
Wondering how did SearchPDFConverterHD PUP end up on your computer? It is worth mentioning that Mindspark bad toolbars have been using ask.com as a third-party search tool, which has also been set as the default search engine, but it seems that the newer versions do not affect that setting. All in all, having this hijacker on your system is a potential security risk. If you need help with that, use our manual removal guide. If you care about your privacy and virtual security, we recommend that you delete SearchPDFConverterHD as soon as you can.
Manual Removal Instructions
SearchPDFConverterHD Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove SearchPDFConverterHD from Browsers
Delete SearchPDFConverterHD from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove SearchPDFConverterHD from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete SearchPDFConverterHD from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.