All you need to know about Genius Search virus
In most of the cases, it infiltrates random computers via other freewares and sharewares. This popup is a sign that you have installed some potentially unwanted program to your computer. Genius Search is often bundled with third-party software. How is that possible? Do not fall for thinking that these messages and redirects are caused by websites that you visit. Since it’s traveling in a malicious way called bundling, you can only notice it when it’s already inside of your computer. As it is usually the case with programs of this sort like Linkey Deals, Great Find, PriceChomper, DealDay, and Sale Clipper offer best shopping deals, it usually directs its users to third party websites which might be potentially harmful.
What else do you need to know about this adware:
Genius Search pop-up ads may be stopped by removing an add-on that causes them. Unfortunately, it is not the only adware in this world. manually by your own. The tool can find even secretly active threats, and it can make sure that your operating system is secured for the time to come. Don’t forget to upgrade it to its newest version to ensure the best detection and removal of unwanted programs. manual removal guide to assist you – scroll down below this article and take a look at it.
How to remove ‘Genius Search’ virus?
To learn more about specific features of However, it is not enough to do that because some of the components of Genius Search might still be present on your computer or your computer might be infected by other threats. The information this program can collect includes, but is not limited to IP address, approximate geographical location, ISP, browsing history, and certain information about your computer. actions. Besides, do not skip installation steps without being checked because some of the check boxes may contain ‘additional components’ set by default. Free-of-charge software is bundled with additional applications that are most frequently meant to harm and disrupt computer systems.
Manual Removal Instructions
Genius Search Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove Genius Search from Browsers
Delete Genius Search from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove Genius Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete Genius Search from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.