Is it really worth installing Fileconvertermaster.com?
It is crucial to discuss the removal of Fileconvertermaster.com because this dangerous browser hijacker could have been downloaded along with malware. Unlike many other browser hijackers, this domain has adopted platforms like Twitter, Reddit and Facebook to enhance the results page with the content from these social networking sites. If you unconsciously agree to install this plug-in along with the freeware that you opt for installing, Fileconvertermaster.com becomes your default start page and search provider. Coming bundled with other software Fileconvertermaster.com is usually installed without a direct user’s permission. In this way, it may easily get inside your machine without being noticed and start implementing suspicious operations before you even suspect that your web browser has been hijacked.
Of course, you may access Fileconvertermaster.com on the Internet and use it for free if you like. Some of such companies are unpopular and want to increase their popularity. It is also rather common that users do not know such extensions come with additional features (like the search engine, for example), and so they click that “Install” button without giving it a second thought. For example, you might click on a malicious add, the amount of which increases substantially after Fileconvertermaster.com is installed. If you still believe that you need to install this questionable program, we recommend selecting advanced or custom installation method.
Is there a way to avoid such a program?
There is one more If it were a legitimate and professional website, it would use easily memorizing URL address. therefore, we recommend you to remove it with a help of anti-malware software (for example, Anti-Malware Tool). Nevertheless, a more worrying feature of the appended links is considered to be the fact that they might transfer users to potentially harmful domains. Note that the instructions will also help you delete Ask search tools from the affected browsers. That is why we recommend getting rid of this bogus search engine and using a more reliable one, for example, Google or Bing search engine.
Beware that some of the pages promoted by Fileconvertermaster.com might be malicious and by visiting them you will risk to get your system infected. It can hardly improve your browsing. Fileconvertermaster.com virus tries to promote various sponsored websites, as it gets paid for clicks on their links. Stay away from Fileconvertermaster.com virus and remove it immediately after detecting it on your system. Some versions of this hijacker install software that blocks browser settings from changing. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. You should also check browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Frequently asked questions about Fileconvertermaster.com (FAQ)
Fileconvertermaster.com browser hijacker can be removed manually. There are two ways to do that. The second one is removing the application manually. If you haven’t got such tool, why don’t you consider getting Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Anti-Malware Tool? However, in order for teh elimination process to be successful, you should carefully follow each step of the instructions. This panel can be hidden by clicking on the Hide link.
Manual Removal Instructions
Fileconvertermaster.com Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove Fileconvertermaster.com from Browsers
Delete Fileconvertermaster.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove Fileconvertermaster.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete Fileconvertermaster.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.