iiiu.xyz hijacks Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Why?
iiiu.xyz is a variant of the infamous Zlob Toolbar, just like so many before it (such as, Egodktf Toolbar, Emlkdvo Toolbar and others). (also known by the name WSE_Jamezine) iiiu.xyz is rather a PUP (potentially unwanted application) that can lead to virus infection and has several really disturbing features. Once this virus infiltrates the computer, it hijacks all containing browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. their founders and partners. Also, you could not keep it if you decide to change the URL of your homepage. Do not hesitate to delete this search engine if you do not find it very trustworthy or beneficial because you could replace it with a more reliable tool easily.
If you have already noticed unwanted starts operating on your computer’s system, it replaces your main page, search engine and a new tab URL. When you launch the installation window, do not rush. Do not keep iiiu.xyz just because of that because this web page might even put your system at risk. This will ensure that goMovix is iiiu.xyzd and that there are no other potentially unwanted programs or infections on your computer. There is only one way to find out:
How did iiiu.xyz hijack my computer if I did not download it?
Let’s not forget about the main purpose iiiu.xyz is supposed to serve: Once inside, it replaces your homepage and your default search engine. Every click brings the virus developers money since these ads are based on the pay-per-click principle. But these aforementioned types of webpages are also infamous for promoting questionable third-party ads. That’s why you should always protect your PC with updated anti-spyware. Yet another way for you to be exposed to unreliable ads is to have an adware infection on board.
Redirects to potentially dangerous sites, annoying ads, and useless search results are definitely not the characteristics of a trustworthy program. This fact could not be any more obvious because iiiu.xyz already features a banner ad below its search box. Users who prefer using automatic features could download a security tool they prefer and run a full system scan with it. After you are done with this part of the removal, we advise scanning your operating system using a legitimate malware scanner. If you have been annoyed by this application, you should remove it using our removal instructions provided at the bottom of the article. Hence, this information may be used to present region-specific ads and products related to your personal interests.
How can I safely remove iiiu.xyz?
Sounds great, does it not? Besides, you can find better converters and make custom bookmarks yourself, and the same can be said about the file sharing websites. If you don’t follow the installation steps carefully, you may agree to change your homepage or search provider without even knowing that. Nevertheless, that is what the providers of free programs want you to believe in. Never agree to replace your homepage to unknown websites either. Attentively and cautiously go through each stage of the guidelines to delete iiiu.xyz virus permanently. Afterward, all there is that you need to do is start a system scan and press the removal button once the report is displayed.
Manual Removal Instructions
iiiu.xyz Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove iiiu.xyz from Browsers
Delete iiiu.xyz from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove iiiu.xyz from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete iiiu.xyz from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.