Fact 1. Smashapps.net is NOT a beneficial program.
Smashapps.net should enter the system with a browser extension called iCoupon Clipper. It is a dead ringer of other products by this enterprise and manages to undermine computer systems. This hijacker is rather bad news because it may expose you to unsafe third-party web content. Sadly, the appearance of this web page can only mean that Smashapps.net virus has entered your computer system. Which browser was corrupted by this threat on your operating system? In the worst case scenario, your virtual security could be jeopardized, and that is a reason for concern. SmartSmashapps.net virus may additionally start initiating continuous redirects to unknown and insecure websites.
First of all, Smashapps.net tries to hijack each of web browsers. What is more, the logo of this search engine also indicates that it is yet another variant of Websearch browser hijackers, just like Websearch.searchisbestmy.info, Websearch.searchoholic.info, Websearch.coolwebsearch.info. At other times, they simply do not notice that the selected application indicates to modify browsers’ settings. because of this reason, they do cooperate with creators of various adware or browser hijacker applications and ask them to promote their websites. Fortunately, you can get an opportunity to opt out of these ‘optional’ components. Additionally, you should know that those redirect links might be infected with treacherous malware, for instance, trojans or ransomware. If you ever encounter suspicious offers to install Java updates, free and highly doubtful anti-malware tools, dismiss them.
What side effects can Smashapps.net virus cause?
As already mentioned, once inside, Smashapps.net replaces your homepage and search provider without even asking for your permission. Smashapps.net domain or other website, check every step given on this guide: Probably, one of the fastest ways to check the system is to scan it with a reputable antimalware tool as it would allow you to delete all identified threats at the same time with a single mouse click. That is, malware active on a user’s computer might keep opening this URL automatically. For example, you could end up on a fake online shop. Such a tool is an imperative part of your overall virtual security as it can detect and warn you about any potentially malicious web content in advance.
Smashapps.net can infect most of the Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. It is clear that you shouldn’t use it. You can use Anti-Malware Tool or any other anti-spyware, just make sure it is a reliable one. Go to Control Panel -> However, if you decide to delete this virus on your own, you can check our detailed removal instructions presented below. It can be very annoying because it keeps showing its ads as frequently as it wants. Thus, scammers, being aware of this tendency, cling Smashapps.net browser hijacker or another PUP to a free program under “Basic” settings.
How did Smashapps.net hijack the system?
Now, why are we so sure that you will have more unwanted programs on-board? You can simply reset your browser settings to default to get rid of the hijacker. Computer users are recommended to be more careful when downloading anything free from the Internet and take the installation process more serious. They include free music players, video players, PDF creators, download managers, etc. After that, you should easily reach the configuration window of the setup. Breezing through the setup even if you are 100% sure there is nothing wrong with the program you are about to install is not recommended.
Manual Removal Instructions
Smashapps.net Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove Smashapps.net from Browsers
Delete Smashapps.net from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove Smashapps.net from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete Smashapps.net from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.