What is DEALS?
If you are an online gaming enthusiast, we should warn you to that Likemyone.info virus is a computer threat you should look out for. ” pop up is a fake alert notification generated by rogue anti-spyware application called Total Security. “Likemyone.info” was created by AntivirusBEST and usually reports many false positives about the PC being infected, typically about IMonster Likemyone.info, which is trying to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other Internet programs including logins and passwords. After that, it enables Likemyone.info pop-up messages and tricks people into clicking on them. As soon as Likemyone.info not by this Likemyone.info’ virus infiltrates the system, it may easily modify it and then may start causing its By the way, it seems that you haven’t mentioned the most important thing – this program may try to track your browsing and then send this data to its remote servers.
It’s not a secret that adwares, browser hijackers, and other potentially unwanted programs are mostly spread using bundling. Basically, you will see some highlighted words in the texts of the websites you are visiting that will transform into hyperlinks. That something is the main feature of this application. In order to prevent Likemyone.info and similar programs from getting onto your computer, you should always pay attention to the installation process itself. Likemyone.info is one of those bizarre promotions that is not regarded as a healthy element of users’ browsing. Various PUPs are usually hidden in Custom and Advanced options.
How does this program spread around?
Easiest way to remove virus like Follow Likemyone.info removal guide that our security experts prepared for you and get rid of this adware right away: Therefore, no matter that you have downloaded a freeware from a reliable download source like, for instance, Cnet, Softonic, Soft32, Download, etc., we recommend selecting Advanced/Custom installation option and monitoring the entire installation process. Read below to find out how fake tech support scammers work and what is their aim: As soon as the removal of the suspicious program is completed, the suspicious ads identified with the tags “Powered by Likemyone.info” and “By Likemyone.info” will stop flooding your browsers as well. In addition to that, this adware may hijack all types of web browsers, including the most popular ones (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer), decrease their performance and may serve as a backdoor for other potentially unwanted program. Follow the guide provided below for an easy manual removal.
Likemyone.info adware can be downloaded from its official site. It is known that one of the adware distribution methods used by cyber criminals is injecting it together with other malware like Trojans. If you had Likemyone.info for a while, however, getting a tool that can scan your system is a must. It will also protect your computer from similar infections in the future, so it’s worth to keep it installed. Another way to eliminate this adware program is to scan the system with an automatic scanner, such as Anti-Malware Tool. causes these redirects because it gains pay-per-click revenue from its sponsors for that.
What should I know about Likemyone.info removal?
Likemyone.info can be downloaded if you visit various suspicious websites but usually it comes bundled to free software from the Internet, including media players, download managers, PDF creators, etc. Even though the developers of the application declare that the security of your personal information is important, they admit that no method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure and cannot guarantee absolute security. It is not a critical computer program, and if you want to, you can remove it manually. All you need to do is delete the extension from your browser. If you choose to remove the add-on manually, do not forget to scan your computer using antimalware tools afterwards.
Manual Removal Instructions
Likemyone.info Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove Likemyone.info from Browsers
Delete Likemyone.info from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove Likemyone.info from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete Likemyone.info from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.