LookupConsole is advertised as one of those life-saving security tools that users are going to instantly grow to adore. The program is promoted via freeware that can be downloaded from the Internet. It pretends to be useful free application that can clean your computer from various infections and unwanted files, but it is not true. If you have noticed advertisements labeled with a slogan “Ads by LookupConsole” or “Brought to you by LookupConsole” on any of your web browsers – your computer is definitely infected and you need to take care of that. But we feel responsible to inform you that LookupConsole is a PUP (potentially unwanted program).
Though registry cleaners are promoted as software that speed up your computer, it usually doesn’t work that way. The site states to contain links to third-party websites that are not necessarily operating with the best intentions. LookupConsole will keep displaying them regularly, interrupting your work on computer. Be that as it may, but users who install this application claim that dubious notifications start to come to the surface. Of course, LookupConsole benevolently suggests its services to fix the detected instabilities. Thus, pop-ups are interfering with your normal browsing. For example, it might replace your selected default media player.
LookupConsole is also very annoying as it constantly runs system scans and tries to convince you into purchasing its full version and fixing all errors that it finds. LookupConsole falsely marks legitimate PC registry entries as needing repairs, although they do not affect computer performance. However, sometimes this program might not be capable of preventing advertisements to be shown and is actually not a very wise decision for proper security. LookupConsole is not a flawless creation to say the least and you should not engage in a conversation with the people behind this dark window. However, sometimes there are no other choice but to download a piece of software from a website with questionable reputation. We have developed it to assist you through this complicated process of virus removal.
Fix-It can be downloaded from its developers official website avanquest.com. However, since it is categorized as a PUP, you might have installed it together with other free applications. Look for it Don’t forget to upgrade them to their latest version to ensure the program can Toolbars developed by Mindspark share same EULA (End User License Agreement) that is mislieding. Furthermore, during installation process, always select advanced/custom modes. If you see that they offer to install additional applications, refuse that unless you know you will get a useful program.
LookupConsole can be downloaded from its official website (pcLookupConsolepro.com). Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman scanners are recommended to eliminate this PUP and all of the other threats, menacing your device. We provide free manual removal guides as well. You will need to detect all the hijackers and trojans that distribute or are distributed together with Regclean Pro and LookupConsole. However, you can choose. It is a method to insert secretive content into freely spread free-of-charge programs and enter computer systems via their setups.
Manual Removal Instructions
LookupConsole Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove LookupConsole from Browsers
Delete LookupConsole from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove LookupConsole from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete LookupConsole from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.