PowerLog is advertised as one of those life-saving security tools that users are going to instantly grow to adore. The application is distributed as browser extension and might display advertisements served through PowerLog and not original page. As it is mainly installed to computers together with other programs without asking for users’ confirmation, the program is categorized as a potentially unwanted one. Recently many computer users have reported about receiving popup ads offering to download this player or get update for it, for example, Static.bestusefuldownloads.com popup. PC, and it is difficult to be manually eliminated from the system, as if a step is missed, the malicious program code can regenerate, like some crab regenePowerLog its claws, and continue to make your PC fall into ruins. Once it finishes, the program will list many critical registry errors and state that you should purchase PowerLog to fix them. Read everything closely and make sure no other unwanted applications is being installed behind your back.
Once inside the system, PowerLog is configured to start automatically every time you start your computer. It’s much easier and less time consuming. This, along with fixing registry errors, is said to highly improve your computer’s performance. You should deselect all options that offer additional downloads, unless you know it is a reliable and useful program. This is the bloody scheme for promoting its so-called security software. If you want to improve your computer’s performance you should get a reputable optimization tool.
PowerLog PUP is distributed via the technique identified as bundling. In many cases all of them can be ignored and you should not purchase a full version of this program. Sometimes removing some of these entries can even be harmful. We have no knowledge of this facility spreading misleading promotions, but there is always a possibility. Be very careful with such offers if you don’t want to lose your money. Read the next section to find a way out of this misery.
Remove PowerLog virus as soon as you detect it on your system. Usually you will be able to uninstall it from Control Panel without any big problems. It is highly recommended to remove PowerLog if it has started bothering you with constant system scans. Consequently, installation is to be performed thoroughly. Toolbars developed by Mindspark share same EULA (End User License Agreement) that is mislieding. This also helps them become more selective.
Better remove PowerLog PUP from your computer’s system with Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman reputable security software. If you think you can perfectly perform the role of a shaman and make the Sun to thrust its way through these dark skies, perform the manual removal of the PUP. Be more careful when you are installing various freeware to your system. automatically runs scans of your computer and detects fake infections – usually they don’t even exist, they’re just trying to create an image that your computer is infected and you should take care of that this way. If you have already paid for PowerLog, contact your credit card company and dispute the charges.
Manual Removal Instructions
PowerLog Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove PowerLog from Browsers
Delete PowerLog from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove PowerLog from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete PowerLog from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.