What should you know about Quicki-search.com? Is it safe to use?
Quicki-search.com has been developed on the template used by Search.youremailnow.com, Search.searchlttrn.com, and Search.yourinterestscenter.com, so, as a consequence, all these search tools look very similar to each other. Startjoysearch, just like other viruses of this type, enters the users’ computer unexpectedly, usually via forged software bundles. Instead of seeing a normal website, you will be greeted by a screen that claims the website is dangerous and suggests you get anti-viral software. Beware that it may easily change your start page or default search engine. It is clear that Quicki-search.com virus is trying to promote these pages and increase their traffic.
This browser hijacker can be installed directly from two official sources. It adds lots of sponsored links to your search results and promotes several websites. However, it belongs to the ‘browser hijacker’ and ‘potentially unwanted program’ (PUP) categories due to several reasons. without properly disclosing them. This way, users should be able to deselect any suggestions that otherwise might be installed automatically. If you left it, follow this guide and remove this program. Have you been introduced to ads already?
Do you know how did this PUP enter your system?
Once Quicki-search.com is set as your homepage, you will not be allowed to use any other search engines. This PUP marketing technique allows to attach unwanted apps to legitimate freeware or shareware, and PC user usually does not even notice such attachments. Spyware Doctor (Quicki-search.com version). Every click also increases their traffic and page ranking in search results. The reason why you should not use the search engine it presents is that it tends to redirect computer users to websites that it seeks to promote. Unfortunately, it is never totally safe to click on these links because you might end up on a compromised website.
If you want to remove Quicki-search.com from your computer, the first thing you should know is that you can do it either manually or automatically. The goal is to generate advertising revenue that comes from promotional links served by this hijacker. It is recommended to uninstalling ALL programs installed on the same date as problems have appeared. Users often disagree with this truth because they claim to have been extremely attentive during installation processes. Bundling is considered to be a legitimate distribution method, even though it seems to be deceptive. so why risk your cyber-safety by testing the content promoted on such web domains? The latter security tools will delete files and entries the program has left behind.
How can I remove Web Bar virus?
We do not think it is worth to keep such a suspicious application on the system, but if you truly need a tool with these particular features, we advise you to look for a more reliable alternative. If you are interested in when Quicki-search.com hijack occurred, you should recall how the installation process went. Although it has an entry in the list of installed programs, deleting Quicki-search.com via Control Panel may not be enough to terminate all the malware-related files. Of course, you can skip all this by installing an anti-malware tool that could help you eliminate existing threats and protect yourself from them in the future.
Manual Removal Instructions
Quicki-search.com Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove Quicki-search.com from Browsers
Delete Quicki-search.com from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove Quicki-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete Quicki-search.com from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.