What are the most important facts that people should know about SearchModule adware?
SearchModule is spread using two different methods. People install it thinking that it will let them connect to blocked websites but all what they get are continuous pop-up notifications. This pop-up may show up on all the most popular web browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari) out of the blue from time to time. Beware that the most of In this article we will discuss about the main goals of this adware, how to prevent your browsers from being affected and obviously how to remove them. You should beware that ‘Ads by SearchModule’ may try to redirect you to suspicious websites and that’s why you should avoid clicking on them.
As we have already mentioned, SearchModule is usually promoted as a valuable image viewer. Some Windows security researchers claim that it is a malign infection which may cause unauthorized web page redirections. In addition, this adware-type program can also be distributed via freewares and sharewares. Based on such information it generates advertisements comparable to content you have recently explored on the Internet. Besides, if you click on them, you will be immediately taken to one of the pages that SearchModule is supposed to advertise.
Are ads by SearchModule reliable?
It is not considered to be a malware, however, the program pose risk to your privacy and security. During our analysis we have noticed that some of the questionable web content could turn out to be implemented with redirect links. The sooner you remove it, the lower will be the chances to lose information stored on your PC or end up with a virus on a system. We have also noticed that it promotes the VLC media player. Usually, users have the chance to avoid installing additional software, but they tend to breeze through the installation wizard without giving it much of a thought. Pay attention to your browser type and follow the steps: You should agree to have a program installed only when you are certain that no unwanted changes will be made and that you will be able to use the computer and browse the Internet safely.
SearchModule either contains a link to some commercial website or you directly download another potentially unwanted program. you should remove this program from your PC system.You can do that with a help of manual removal method or with a help of one of our automatic removers that can be found below. SearchModule, please continue reading this article. You may find coupons, web banners, and other advertisements promoting computer programs, online surveys, computer games, and much more. Also avoid visiting unknown websites. The second method for displaying advertisements is via Internet Explorer.
How to remove SearchModules virus?
Finally, scan your PC with updated anti-spyware Of course, there are some things that you should remember: If you don’t pay attention and skip installation steps without having a look at what they say and at the same time allowing optional downloads to be added, you may end up downloading something like SearchModule or other products by SuperWebLLC. You should be very careful when downloading free applications from the Internet. You can find the manual removal guide below this text, but we strongly recommend to use the automatic removal option. To sum up, do not forget to pay attention while installing a new program.
Manual Removal Instructions
SearchModule Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove SearchModule from Browsers
Delete SearchModule from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove SearchModule from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete SearchModule from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.