Search-Plus virus. What kind of program it is and how does it act?
Search-Plus can be downloaded from its official website. and other hijackers. Classically, this is done for the only thing – virus tries to increase the traffic of such websites and earn some money for its owners. Be sure that it can hardly show you reliable search results. You will also get a chance to learn how to remove Search-Plus virus from your browser. Even though this search site seems as an ordinary one, you should not get tricked by its appearance. If this is what has recently happened to you, you should think about a system check with a reputable anti-malware (e.g.Anti-Malware Tool).
At the moment, according to our researchers, Search-Plus is mainly spread in the UK and the US. Just like any other First of all, this browser hijacker takes over each of your web You can become one easily. Realcoolmovie.com is not active, but, as mentioned already, the creator of this extension uses pop-ups to introduce it to computer users. themselves has little or, even, no knowledge of the material they display, which is the product of 3rd parties. For getting such ability, always opt for Custom or Advanced installation option when installing freeware on your computer.
The distribution ways of this browser hijacker:
The best prevention mean against Search-Plus and many other browser hijackers is to be more careful when you download any freeware to your system. It will not be enough to delete Search-Plus because it travels bundled with other undesirable programs. Alas, simple uninstall wizard will not work in many cases. Furthermore, though this PUP provides more or less sufficient search results, you get distracted by an in-text add flickering beside the search targets. If this search site manages to slither onto the system, it immediately settles down on each of the web browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari) and replaces a default start page and search provider.
Since the entire voluntarily provided information is recorded by this search tool, it is not at all surprising that it records personal details provided by a user too. First of all, pests like Search-Plus can be easily transmitted to your device with other free applications. Additionally, stop its processes using Processes Explorer and run Anti-Malware Tool to remove all the files of this malware. Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman are diagnostic and recovery tools which can detect Search-Plus and free your computer’s system from it. To do that, we recommend installing a professional malware removal tool – Anti-Malware Tool. are created merely for the financial profit of their developers and provide the users with more inconveniences than benefit.
How to uninstall browser hijackers? Is it easy to remove this particular one?
Search-Plus virus can be deleted with a help of Anti-Malware Tool, but you can also remove Search-Plus on your own. If you are offered to change your start page or make other modifications in your browsers during the installation process, make sure you refuse doing that. Email Enhanced application might have gotten into your system after you downloaded a free-of-charge program from file-sharing sites. What should I do? Follow the installation steps more carefully and refuse any additional downloads if they are unfamiliar to you. It is a fact that software, recommended during installation processes, is not something that you should agree to set up.
Manual Removal Instructions
Search-Plus Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove Search-Plus from Browsers
Delete Search-Plus from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove Search-Plus from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete Search-Plus from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.