What is known about Addickdetric.pro?
Addickdetric.pro virus is initially promoted as a web gaming app, which poses as a useful tool, providing its users with quick access to the latest flash games straight from their browser. In most of the cases people believe that such programs can be used for saving the money because, according to them, they display ads that are filled with price comparisons, coupons, information about discounts and other great deals. Due to the fact that this application is travelling in an illegal way, you can only notice it when it’s already inside of your computer. This fraudulent website seeks to promote fake tech support number – it says that in order to fix your computer, you must call a number provided and speak with “Microsoft technicians […] to immediately rectify issue to prevent data loss.”
In The user should get rid of Addickdetric.pro/exec.sys and Windows Security Suite as soon as it was detected on his PC. It is not likely that the program itself might cause you harm; It is a typical behavior of the adware-type programs since they generate these ads to promote third-party websites and generate pay-per-click revenue. It allows developers of freewares to earn the money for promoting third party applications in exchange of money. The same thing can be done to pests like adware applications.
I do not recall installing this program. How did Addickdetric.pro hijack my PC?
These simple steps should prevent you from downloading irrelevant programs, including Addickdetric.pro virus. In most of the cases, it shows up on each of web browsers after installing freeware and shareware without monitoring its installation process. What is more, Addickdetric.pro is capable to monitor your browsing habits. should leave the site and protect your computer for additional damage. Furthermore, the adware can track your browsing habits and get access to your private information, including your emails, passwords and other data that you enter while browsing. Do you want to feel completely safe?
You may also wish to try setting a Firewall rule for disabling Addickdetric.pro. Addickdetric.pro from your computer if you don’t want to be introduced to other issues. If this has already happened to you, you may want to eliminate this computer intruder from your system. It has a GUI window that loads one website and opens Internet Explorer to load another. If you just shrugged and silently admitted to such deeds, you are partly responsible for the infection with an adware. Deselect these additional components and finish the installation procedure.
How to remove this annoying program from the computer?
Anti-Malware Tool, Anti-Malware Tool or Hitman are to be applied in the case of an adware infection. In case you do not want to get such software, navigate to page 2 and follow Addickdetric.pro removal instructions that our team has just prepared for you. The second option is an automatic deletion that is available with an antimalware tool. It is necessary to update the program daily in order for it to function properly and provide real-time protection. Follow them attentively and make sure you don’t allow any unknown extra applications to be added.
Manual Removal Instructions
Addickdetric.pro Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove Addickdetric.pro from Browsers
Delete Addickdetric.pro from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove Addickdetric.pro from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete Addickdetric.pro from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.