What is a HideMeFast?
Even though HideMeFast However, we must burst this pink bubble because we have found that this malware infection is indeed a newcomer in the notorious browser hijacker family that has given us Search.searchlivesp.com, Search.searchlypackage.com, and Search.searchfacoupons.com among dozens of others. Nevertheless, HideMeFast plug-in is promoted as one of the leading browser security tools that is supposed to protect people from malicious websites, identity threats and similar things. Besides, it may even leave this page instead of the start page and default search engine, or may even download HideMeFast Toolbar on the PC if it is set for that. The case of having such an intrusive program on your PC for an extended period becomes even worse because there is a chance that your operating system could be exposed to potentially malicious web content. This means that the results are modified and will be different from the ones you would normally get on the regular engine.
This malicious toolbar will replace your default homepage (start page), new tab page and search engine with HideMeFast. It may be found integrated into various third party programs, such as download managers or video converters. Infecting your computer with such a lot can cause serious vulnerability issues for your system, let alone privacy issues for you. it. To avoid this happening, be very attentive during installation of free programs, such as download managers or music players. If you have not been thinking about HideMeFast removal before, we hope this article helped you make up your mind.
HideMeFast hijacked my web browser. What’s next?
HideMeFast tried to convince Internet users to connect to www.HideMeFast.org using their Facebook accounts motivating them with the option of adding their Facebook wall to the HideMeFast.org home page. Hijackware is a form of rogueware which generates profit by displaying advertising content. You see, this application is sponsored by third-parties, which are interested in the promotion of their web traffic. If yu try reverting these changes, you will see that it is not so easy to do. You can do it with your own hands by following instructions given below this article, or automatically by using Anti-Malware Tool. however, this is all that is known about it.
Furthermore, our specialists discovered that users might install HideMeFast accidentally while clicking malicious pop-ups and installing questionable browser extensions. Nevertheless, if you prefer getting rid of it manually, we have prepared a manual removal guide for you: This data can be useful for the third parties, for example, to push targeted advertisements, according to your interests. It is important that you remove all other programs installed with the hijacker, as some of them might redownload or reset back browser settings. click Please keep in mind that this store hosts hundreds of unreviewed and potentially harmful applications. you can uninstall the extensions and reset settings in your browsers.
How to remove HideMeFast Toolbar from your browser?
If this function is taken advantage of by cyber criminals, you could be just a step away from a severe infection. It is imperative to keep you PC clean of all the questionable applications. from your Programs List that you will find in Control Panel. Many computer users complain that they cannot remove the adware program; Then Go to section “On start” and make sure you get blank page while creating new tab. We offer you an exclusive look on the instructions for it (below).
Manual Removal Instructions
HideMeFast Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove HideMeFast from Browsers
Delete HideMeFast from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove HideMeFast from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete HideMeFast from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.