Watch Movies Live – why has it appeared on my browser as the main page?
Watch Movies Live is a URL of a web search engine, which is set as a default search provider, new tab page, and homepage when Watch Movies Live browser hijacker is installed. be used for showing you forged scan results. The first thing that may bother you is the question how this program invaded your computer. It would hardly be possible to hide the name of the game for a while, since it is revealed the moment a search on Watch Movies Live has been performed. In fact, this program has been assigned to ‘potentially unwanted programs’ (PUPs) group, and that happened not without a reason. Due to this, some researchers do not agree that it is fair to identify this suspicious search tool as a browser hijacker.
It also sets one of these websites as your default Typically, to install the application or “download” the movie you will have to add other programs too. The developer of this questionable search engine does not try to hide the fact that it shows ads because the information provided in the About page says that the search results you will receive will include the “top commercial (sponsored advertising) and non-commercial (algorithmic results) from the most popular search engines on the Web.” You will not even recognize these search results promoting third-party websites, so it is basically impossible to avoid them. It provides some music stations above the search box, including Spotify, iHeartRADIO, Pandora, and Soundcloud. Some of them might collect information about users with the intention of selling this information later or simply promote certain products.
HOW CAN Watch Movies Live hijack MY COMPUTER?
Watch Movies Live.ru developers earn their money from the traffic generated to the site. If you happen to get tempted by their offers, give it a second thought. that If you are directed to an unknown website and want to make a purchase, first make sure that the seller is reliable. Fortunately, it’s possible to opt out of ‘additional components’ easily. You might be confused at first and not understand why it does not work.
Watch Movies Live might travel together with browser extensions that can be downloaded from the Internet completely free-of-charge. Instead of it, we would advise you to choose a more reliable tool, e.g. Avoid such instance by making sure that every bit of Watch Movies Live is no longer active on your PC; It should also change the homepage for Firefox and Internet Explorer, and the new tab page for Chrome. Click the scanning button to start a full system scan, then wait till the tool provides a report and a removal button. If you wish to detect whether your selected application is plotting to install more than you expected, pick advanced/custom modes for the installers. To identify them, scanning with Anti-Malware Tool or other reputable antispyware tool might be useful.
Versions of this virus:
All in all, it is evident that Watch Movies Live is one shady search engine whose objective is to generate ad revenue for its creators than to provide Internet users with a reliable and safe search engine. What is more, it commonly hijacks computers without their owners’ authorization, and if the same has happened to you, you should not ignore that. They target not only the actual program that is aimed to be removed but also all its additions and other malware present on one computer’s system. Although it is great at automatically eliminating all infections, it is most useful when it comes to the protection of your operating system.
Manual Removal Instructions
Watch Movies Live Removal from Windows
Uninstall from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click the Windows icon on the Taskbar and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and find the undesirable software.
3. Right-click and Uninstall the program you have chosen to remove.
Uninstall from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall.
- Right-click the program you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
How to remove Watch Movies Live from Browsers
Delete Watch Movies Live from Internet Explorer
- Right-click the IE shortcut and choose Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and find the Target line.
- Delete the text that is written after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and move to Search providers.
- Choose the unwanted engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and press Alt+T again.
- Select Options and go to General tab.
- Change the Home Page and click OK.
Remove Watch Movies Live from Mozilla Firefox
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose go to Properties.
- Move to Shortcut tab and find the Target.
- Erase the text after firefox.exe” and Click OK.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to search box.
- Click the search provider icon and choose Manage Search Engines.
- Find the suspicious engine and remove it.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Move to General tab and choose Home Page.
- Replace the current Home Page with your preferred one.
- Click OK.
Delete Watch Movies Live from Google Chrome
- Right-click the Chrome shortcut and go to Properties.
- Choose Shortcut tab and move to Target line.
- Delete the text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Settings and check Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change the given default URL to your preferred one.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and select Change.
- Change the provided URL with the one you prefer and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines and find the URL of the unwanted engine.
- Click X and delete it.
- Click Done.